Thursday, August 30, 2007

Chuk De India !!!!

Chuk de India is a classy movie for its naturality and the kind of thrill it brought to its viewers. I am sure more than half the people didn't understand hockey just like me but as I was watching the movie I felt like I have had played hockey all my life.

Before watchign the movie I was kinda wondering how I am going to sit through a hockey movie and that too a Bollywood movie on hockey. But Chuk de India sure got me biting my nails everytime the matches were played. I can't beleive a bollywood movie actually made me clap each time the Indian team made a goal!!!!!!!

Well Shah Rukh did complete justice to his role Kabir Khan as the Indian Hockey team coach. I am glad he chose to do this role. Also the 16 girls did an amazing job. My favorite gal character was the Punjabi gal and Komal (the short girl).

The movie sure got me inspired to read and understand more about the national sport of India...I am talking about HOCKEY :).....(this is for the people who think cricket is the national sport of India)..Seriously, I think the Indian Government should do more to promote Hockey and encourage schools to have more hockey matches to generate interest for hockey among children.
But my favorite sport has always been and will always be Tennis :).....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chak_De_India

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_hockey

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well... Chack de India is a well made and and dat was released brilliantly during the 60th anniversary of our nation's independence ....
Since the story have some patriotic touch, the spirit dat occurs in the mind of we, Indians ( Which develops only during Independence day and Important cricket match) accepted that movie and thus it was a a success at box office ( That movie deserves it anyways!)

The author's spirit in favour of the national game is the result of the movie , I guess... The movie might have made same impact on the mind of many.. But, it's not going to help the game anyways...
Hockey is our national game, it's because of the glory.... the 8 Olympics medals... Names like Dhyan chand...
But today, cricket is having a position ... something more than a national game in the mind of many Indians.... It's also associated with the glory....

The movie can't do something more than that momentary impact... but the game and player... that "ll hold key...

India is having enough facility in Hockey.. Not in kerala though..
The govt can promote the game only if the people are interested ...
The interest of publuic came only with the achievements of the national team... and the standard of Indian hockey is in the negative line of progress...
Real game is not the movie...

Cookiegirl said...

Hey Thnx for ur comment ...I agree with u that real game is not the movie but seriously I never thought of hockey until after the movie ..My thought was the govt should do more to pep up the standard of the current hockey team ..

Bhavu said...

It's not the lack of talent, but the absence of professionalism ...
I think govt is doing their part....
But....

Between, I felt i commented in a harsh way... It was only for fun ,oki...
No hard feelings please :-)
And do let me know after updating ur blog ;-)