Wednesday, May 16, 2007

At NISH...

NISH is an institute that trains children who are speech and hearing impaired. I got an opportunity to do a project for the institute. I went there on a particular day to get some data and on the same day there was some magic show being organised as part of the summer school activities. Lucky me, I got to see some of the ex-students who were trained at NISH and now studying in "normal" schools. Its interesting to see them interacting with each other. They were talking, laughing, gossiping and I was busy trying to figure out what they were talking to each other. It is at that moment I felt like an handicap because in their happy world I didn't follow a single thing, while they understood each other :).....

Please visit the NISH website: http://www.nishindia.org/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to walk in front of NISH(National Institute for Speech and Hear) center at thycaud, during my 10th standard [On my way to Model school]
I still remembering the little faces of some children going to NISH with their parents and some equipment in their ears for enabling hearing , i guess... And their joy... It was always a painful visual treat for me....