Monday, June 04, 2007

Keep your cell phones switched off...

I went for the funeral of my friend's father. This is the second funeral I have attended and I was deeply disappointed at the fact that some people who came to pay respect to the body did not even have the courtesy to swtich off their cell phones. I found it very disrespectful and annoying when the cell phone rang in such a situation!!! In places where cell phones have to be switched off, I'd say please do it!!

I must tell I am really proud of my friend who has been brave enough to handle the situation in a very dignified manner. Some day if you read this I want you to know that I respect you for the perosn you have become through all the difficulties.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cookiegirl!

My thoughts exactly.

This applies not just to funerals, but also places of worship where one would like to have some quiet and also cinemas. Not to mention irritating caller tunes!!

Unknown said...

i agreee..........

Anonymous said...

Err.. I think wat u saying is absolutely absurd coz a phone ring wont affect a funeral in any means and neither will it bring the dead back 2 life !!
u r living in the 21st century buddy,this was not a habit @ the early ages coz there was no Mobile phones then......... ( ihope so).

Unknown said...

thank u for ur thoughts about me
thanks for ur support and thoughts
bye

Unknown said...

switching off is not required... but , all shold keep the mob in silent mode or vibration more.....

And about wat u sed on Vidyechi...

Well sed, beautifully sed.... :-)